Sunday, September 28, 2014

sunday food day

Today the International Society hosted their own "Afternoon Tea." Now, I honestly wasn't expecting much. I thought: "Free event? Eh... They might just give us one sandwich and cake for each person." I was so wrong. My jaw dropped when I saw two tables FILLED with all sorts of sandwiches and desserts. It felt like that scene in Harry Potter where all of the food magically appears on their tables. Of course, this was without the magic and a lot less food. But I was still impressed. The best part was that everything was actually delicious! Oh, and the tea was just from your standard tea packets. Still yummy with milk and sugar, though!

Don't do this to me.

Our food adventures continued later that night. Stacie and I met up with Kyle and headed to round 2 of the Manchester Food and Drink Festival. I'm so sad that today was the last day of the festival. I wish it could go on forever.

Food that was eaten (Part II):
1. Churros and Chocolate from Churros Susanna (Kyle)
2. Jian Bing/Chinese Crepe filled w/ fried chicken from Mei Mei's Street Cart (Stacie)
3. Macaroni and Cheese from The Mac Factory (Me!)

Again, everything tasted great. But the macaroni and cheese. Oh. my. lawd. Cheesy, garlicy, mushroomy, herby goodness. It's probably one of the best mac and cheeses I've ever had. I would have bought another bowl, but my stomach couldn't handle it.

Making the Jian Bing.
So good I almost cried.
Okay, enough about food! Now I need to catch up on my reading. Fun.

1 comment: