Friday, September 5, 2014

fine art and fine donuts

Today's highlights:

1. Crosstown Doughnuts at Leather Lane Market
I got the creme brûlée with a vanilla custard filling. Probably one of the best donuts I’ve ever had.



2. The British Museum
This place is massive. We could easily spend two days here because there’s just so much to see. There are artifacts from all over the world, and I’m still in awe at the level of detail that went into some of these projects. We’ll possibly return to explore some more. Favorite exhibit: MUMMIES!





3. Mussels and Fries at Belgo
I don’t think I’ve eaten this many mussels in one sitting, but they were so good. And the restaurant itself had a really cool atmosphere. Thank you to Stacie's uncle for the recommendation!


4. Borough Market
Food EVERYWHERE. I love how there are so many outdoor markets in London. This one did not disappoint.





5. Tower Bridge + The Shard
Took a moment to take in the lovely view among the hundreds of people rushing to get home from work. 
Also: I heard the word “cheers” (which means “thank you”) a total of 4 times today! The way they say it makes me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment