Friday, September 19, 2014

up all night eating food

I am writing this post as I listen to One Direction's first album, Up All Night. Those were the days, am I right ladies? Where all of them had really good hair (I'm directing this to you, Harry Styles) and "What Makes You Beautiful" played everywhere you went. I wouldn't say I'm totally crazy about them, but they did ruin my life for quite some time. I would deny that I liked them, but truth was: I loved them. I think they're still pretty good now, but nothing beats the first album. I should take pictures of all the One Direction merchandise I've found in England. I've seen everything from masks, to tissue covers, and candy. I'm very tempted to buy myself a Niall Horan t-shirt. He is my favorite, and he will be yours too if you watch this hilarious interview.

ANYWAY, enough about One Direction. Let's move on to food! I'm sorry if I write/post pictures about food a lot on my blog. I can't help it: I LOVE FOOD. And while I'm here, I might as well eat all of the yummy food I can. So don't be surprised if I come back home 10 lbs heavier. Today, Stacie and I headed to the Manchester Food and Drink Festival at Albert Square. But Albert Square is especially beautiful because of the Manchester Town Hall. According to my tour guide on a bus tour yesterday (nothing much to report other than it being a nice overview of Manchester), it's been a popular filming location for movies including Sherlock Holmes, The Iron Lady, and Victor Frankenstein--coming out next year with Daniel Radcliffe! I'll take more pictures of the area when it's less gloomy (if that even happens) and the tents are gone.




Food that was eaten:
1. Venison Burger from Fair Game
2. Chicken Sandwich from Mumma Schnitzel
3. Churros with Belgian Chocolate from Los Churros Amigos

All of them were amazing, but the churros were THE BEST. They were freshly fried and doused in cinnamon sugar, and dipping them into the chocolate made me tear up a bit.


Churro madness!

So we didn't eat that much, but we were stuffed at the end of the day. We'll probably go back again since a new round of vendors come in next week. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment