Monday, September 8, 2014

the harry potter tour

So I didn't really go to Hogwarts, but I came pretty darn close. For one of our last days together in London, Stacie and I decided to go on the The Making of Harry Potter Tour. I absolutely love the Harry Potter films, and going on this tour made me appreciate the movies even more. It was so fun from start to finish. I'll let the photos do most of the explaining.

1. The Entrance
We had a great introduction that led into...




2. The Grand Hall + Sets, Props, Costumes, & Special Effects





3. Butterbeer! & Backlot
I was so excited to finally try butterbeer. It was quite an interesting treat. I have no idea how to describe the flavor. It was a carbonated drink with foam on top--similar to caramel whipped cream.




4. Creature Effects






5. Diagon Alley


6. Arts & Graphics

7. The Hogwarts Model
Words cannot describe how amazing this is to look at up close.


This was probably my favorite part out of our whole week in London. It truly was a "magical" experience. I would totally do it again, and I definitely recommend anyone traveling to London to check it out! I also took a lot more photos, and I'll upload those soon for you to see!

Now I'm off to meet the other UC students at another hotel for orientation. Two more days in London, and then we'll all be heading to Manchester!

No comments:

Post a Comment