Saturday, September 6, 2014

fish, chips, and swan!

Stacie and I started off our day a bit later than usual, so we decided on having a healthy dose of fish and chips for brunch at Masters Super Fish. Oh man, nothing compares to the fish and chips here. The piece of fish was massive and fried perfectly. I don’t know why America even tries.




To burn of the calories consumed from our fried feast, we headed to Hyde Park--one of the largest parks in London. Along the walk we stumbled upon swans, squirrels, ducks, and more swans. But there was also a lovely rose garden and the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain. We also rented a paddle boat for fun. All went well in the beginning until one of the paddles accidentally hit my foot really hard, which caused me so much pain that I had to stop paddling. Poor Stacie had to do the rest of the work. But on the bright side: she burned more calories?





Near the end of the day, we went to Portobello Market in Notting Hill. Before you ask: No, I sadly haven’t seen the Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant film. I wonder why though, since I love them both. And now I love Notting Hill, so I have to see it. There are wonderful antique stores, boutiques, and restaurants everywhere. Portobello Market is also my favorite market we’ve been to so far. Some booths sold the cutest clothes and accessories, and others sold delicious looking food, collectibles, and plenty of artwork. I wanted to buy so many things.




London in cookie form!
Well, there’s nothing officially planned for tomorrow, so we’ll see how things go. I want to sleep in so bad, but there’s no time to waste! 

No comments:

Post a Comment