Wednesday, September 17, 2014

keep calm and drink tea

“Honestly, if you're given the choice between Armageddon and tea, you don't say 'what kind of tea?'”
― Neil Gaiman

I woke up super late this morning―or shall I say, afternoon? But that's okay, because it was the perfect time for afternoon tea! I love tea. My day never feels right unless I've had at least one cup of tea (or "cuppa" as they say here). Green tea is my go-to, but I'm always up to trying new flavors.

It was difficult to choose which tea shop to go to, but Teacup Kitchen was the ultimate decision. Because I'm super cheap, I didn't get the traditional "afternoon tea," which comes with those fancy 3-tier stands filled with finger sandwiches and cakes (I'll probably save that for another special day). Instead, I ordered the "cream tea" which comes with a pot of tea (ordered their special Teacup Brew) and a huge scone with strawberry preserve and clotted cream. This was the first time I've ever had my tea with sugar and milk. And my goodness, I don't know why I've never done such a thing before! Is this what I've been missing out on all my life? Have I been drinking tea wrong all this time? In fact: it was so good Stacie and I had to order another pot! The scone was also delicious. A perfect accompaniment.


Was this post solely dedicated to tea? Why yes, it's that special. And an English classic! Continue to read some interesting tea facts, or learn how to make a PROPER cuppa yourself (or for you Buzzfeed readers, here)!

No comments:

Post a Comment