Tuesday, September 16, 2014

join this or that?

Ah yes, the Student Fair: aka the event where students try to make you join their club or society and you end up with so many flyers you don't know what to join in the end. I would normally avoid events like these. But I really wanted to see what kind of clubs the university has to offer. I'm pretty sad that there is no Afternoon Tea Society, or something similar to that. I still need to try a proper cuppa and biscuits! But I might join the Motion Picture Society, which hosts movie screenings and film discussions. They mainly caught my attention because one of their first events is a Pulp Fiction 20th Anniversary screening. It's very tempting, but we'll see how my schedule goes.

On the campus's main street, there were also tons of people handing out Domino's Pizza goodie bags and offering free pizza. Stacie and I literally got shoved with those bags every minute, and refused each one with success. Why give up free pizza? I'm probably crazy, but I just didn't feel like eating it at that moment. But by the end of the fair, we had too many tote bags, a few bits of candy, and a good amount of coupon booklets. Yay free stuff!

Afterwards, we went to the Manchester Museum. It's a really lovely museum with a very diverse collection. From fossils, to mummies, and even live animals! Their exhibits are very well put together, and it's awesome how we have it right on campus. I can imagine coming here in between lectures just to sit down and admire the place.


Aww, look at this colorful little dude!
By the way: I'm so sorry for the delay, but I've finally started posting up more of my pictures on flickr. You can view them HERE (and/or by clicking the flickr "see my photos" icon under my description on the right module). Hopefully I'll finish uploading them all by tomorrow or the following day. I'll also be organizing the photos by "Album" to make browsing easier. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment