Sunday, September 14, 2014

first weekend in manchester

Yes, I was complaining a bit in my last post, but I shouldn't be. I'm living in a wonderful country studying at a fantastic university, and I've been meeting such kind people with accents I've always wished to have. I should be thrilled to be herewhich I totally am! It's just a little hard sometimes. It's been slightly uncomfortable being in an unfamiliar city, but I know it'll get better.

This weekend was basically running a lot of errands and trying to get settled in. There was also a lot of sleeping in. And remember that first night where I didn't have any bedding? Well, I was FREEZING. I don't think I've ever experienced such a cold night. I woke up at both 1:00 AM and 4:00 AM, and putting on layers didn't help at all. I didn't know how to properly turn on my heater either, and I don't know my Celsius from Fahrenheit. But thank goodness for our trip to Primark the next day. Everything there is really cheap and super cute! I'll do a "room tour" post once everything looks... nicer.

Here are a few snapshots from the other days as well:
Excuse the construction.




On Saturday I went on a shopping trip to ASDA, which is the UK equivalent of Walmart. It was packed and I could barely get around. I guess people really love those "rollback" prices. And today I picked up my ID card and joined the International Society on campus, which hosts cultural events and plans various trips around England each weekend. I'm so excited to travel to all of the different places and to meet students from other countries. Also, I had my first Sunday roast dinner--at a bar, nonetheless.
Everything is better smothered in gravy.



And now my flatmates are out for some Welcome Week events. I'm sorry, I don't want to pay 50 pounds for a wristband to get into clubs/parties. It just ain't my kind of thing. Now I'm just all alone in my room eating a Cornetto. I've always wanted to try one because of the Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy. It's tastes very similar to a Drumstick, but slightly better. I'm glad I bought a box because I'll probably eat another one. Ain't no party like a Cornetto Party.

Cornetto selfies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment