Wednesday, September 3, 2014

first stop: london

Just writing a quick post to let you guys know that I've arrived safely in London! The ten hour flight was actually not as bad as I thought it would be. I could barely sleep because there were so many movies to watch. Note: Don't watch Bad Neighbors on a flight, especially when there are children around.

So I'll be spending about a week here to visit popular tourist spots with Stacie, and on Tuesday we'll attend the University of California Education Abroad Program's (UCEAP) orientation with other UC students. My Wi-Fi (that I had to pay for) in the hotel room is limited to only two devices, and we've already used it for our cellphones. So now I'm using the free 30 minute Wi-Fi on my laptop, and I don't know how I'll blog/post pictures for the week since it's kind of hard to do so on my cellphone, but hopefully I'll find a way!

Well, my 30 minutes are almost up. I'm also tired again. Taking the Tube was literally a drag because we had to roll around our luggage all day. But at least the people I've talked to are really nice and helpful, and one kind gentleman even helped me bring my luggage up the steep stairs. He was my hero for the day. Then Stacie and I "napped" for 4 hours in our hotel room and didn't wake up until 9pm, so we had to eat Pizza Hut for dinner. Yes, my first meal in London was Pizza Hut. It was quite dissappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment