Wednesday, September 24, 2014

the good, the bad, and the nic cage

 
 

 
 

The Good:
- Today's weather being breezy, bright, and beautiful
- Being able to switch into the tutorial/discussion session I wanted for one of my classes. SO RELIEVED.
- Having breakfast at Home Sweet Home reminding me of home as I ate an Eggs Benedict dish called "The Cali"
- Also: their latte art!
- Exploring the Northern Quarter (a.k.a. hipster central) and the neat stores of Affleck's
- Trying boba that actually turned out to be decent
- Eating delicious fried rice at Wagamama
- My phone's camera being a sufficient replacement for my actual camera (which I didn't bring along) today

The Bad:
- Waking up early for a 9 AM class
- Not being able to do my laundry again. There's only one laundry room with 6 washers (minus 1 that's broken) and 6 dryers, which were probably made in the 1970's, for ALL of the halls. So this one room is supposed to accommodate HUNDREDS of students. Ridiculous.
- Stacie's iPhone being unresponsive and having to wait for more than 2 hours to get help at the Apple Store's Genius Bar. Only to be told that she has to wait 5-6 more days for a replacement since they don't have any American phones in stock. Beware of Apple software updates, you guys!
- Stacie also met a man named Stacy in the store who turned out to be the most unhelpful person there. The lesson here: Never trust a person who has the same, but differently spelled name from you.

The Nic Cage:
- Something wonderful happening in the Apple Store. Click to reveal.

No comments:

Post a Comment