Wednesday, October 8, 2014

lately...

In Manchester
It's been raining! I was finally able to break out my little red umbrella yesterday. Thankfully, it hasn't been raining too hard when I've been walking to and from class. And even though I love the rain, it makes me a little sad to see how gloomy it is everyday. The sunlight after the rain gives me so much life. Speaking of the sun: I've heard from my mom that California is still hot? I'm so sorry.

In my life
I have finally exercised. I took a body conditioning class today, and oh my goodness... I am in so much pain. The instructor was really intense and made us do these exercises I'm physically not capable of doing. It made me realize how out of shape I really am. When I got out of class, my knees were trembling. And when I stopped by the grocery store, my hand was literally shaking when I grabbed a 2 litre water bottle off the shelf. I'm glad I have no classes tomorrow because I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get out of bed. So will I be back? Umm... I'll let you know.
I also went to a breakdancing class with Stacie... except I didn't breakdance. But maybe I'll give it a try next week. Wouldn't you want to see that?

I ate a rabbit quesadilla. Yes, you read right: RABBIT. The taste and texture was very similar to chicken, but I'm not sure if it's because the pinto beans, cheese, and chilli oil was hiding its true flavor. Nevertheless, it was delicious. Oh, and the name of the truck was called WrapScallion. The owner is very friendly, and he had a bunch of other items on the menu I wanted to try. I think he'll see me again next week, and maybe even the week after that.

I've been noticing my California accent (or "Valleyspeak") a lot more when I talk to people. Like OMG, it's really weird.

I finally bought not one, but TWO coats! One of them is a trench coat. I've been wanting one for so long, but all the ones I've tried on have always been way too long on me (short people problems) and made me look like a detective--a look that I sadly cannot pull off. But I finally found one that fit me well at TK Maxx (or TJ Maxx in the U.S.) at only 25 pounds! It's also warm and waterproof, so it's definitely a keeper. As for my other coat, I'm still not 100% sure if I'll keep it. I change my mind too much. Isn't being indecisive one of the worst traits you could have?

Overall, things are going well. Besides being stressed out with coursework, I've been really happy these past couple of days.

In other news
After 25 years, Twin Peaks is coming back in 2016! I can't believe it's really happening. If you've never watched this show, I suggest checking it out on Netflix. There are only two seasons, but they are two great seasons. It's a murder mystery that's all sorts of weird and wonderful. And I promise that you'll fall in love with FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper. It's hard not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment