Tuesday, December 9, 2014

last afternoon tea

Well, today was my last day of having traditional afternoon tea in England. And what better way to indulge in some fine tea than with some fine friends? Stacie, Eric, and I went to Richmond Tea Rooms, which is mainly Alice and Wonderland themed. The inside is really cute, and the designs made it seem all the more special and fancy. They also had up some pretty Christmas decorations, and played many Christmas songs by my favorite, Michael Buble (or we call him "Michael Bubble").





We went all-out this time with the "Queen's Tea," which was served with a variety of finger sandwiches, cakes, a scone with my forever favorite clotted cream, a quiche, and a pot of tea. All of our orders were served together on a huge three-tiered stand, and it was beautiful. Everything was delicious, and I was so full that I couldn't even finish a few of my cakes by the end of the meal! We also stayed at the tea rooms for nearly 3 hours. Our chats just flew by! The waiters were probably annoyed at us for staying so long, but oh well. You can't rush tea time.

Sillys.

It's GLORIOUS.



I still don't understand why afternoon tea is so expensive, but like I always say, TREAT YO SELF. I know there are some tea rooms in California that may suffice when I'm back at home, but it just won't be the same! This is definitely a part of British culture that I will truly miss.

And to all of my friends who are preparing for finals back at home: Keep calm, and drink tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment