Tuesday, December 2, 2014

it's been 3 months...

 
 

 
 

MY GOODNESS, there's less than 2 weeks left until I return home! It also means I have two more essays to turn in before I leave (and another two I have to complete during Winter Break). The panicking is happening and stress levels are high.

Besides having the quarterly breakdown (or hoedown?), I can't believe my time here is almost coming to an end! I'm sorry I didn't post that often in November; I was just so busy juggling travelling with schoolwork. But last month was full of fun and wonderful times. Almost every weekend I would be hopping on a plane or a train to a different city, which was exhausting yet exhilarating. From clapping along to Irish songs and pouring Guinness in Dublin, to observing very "interesting" statues and being broke in Oslo, I've had some of the best trips of my life that I know I'll remember forever. It's definitely going to be weird and super boring once I go back home and not being able to travel to a different country on the weekends. Oh, the joys of living in Europe.

I'm excited to see my family and friends back at home, yet I'm already feeling sad that I have to say goodbye to Manchester. I've met some of the funniest and kindest people here, and I'm really going to miss them. And while I wasn't all that into the city in the beginning, it has certainly grown on me and I love it for what it is. I've got to make these last several days worth it! I'm already thinking about what my last meals would be here. It will most likely be afternoon tea, and a healthy dose of fish and chips. Oh, and maybe another praline cappuccino from Costa. Costa > Starbucks (at least in England). Their Christmas cups are also way cuter (the snowman is adorable)!

I've started to put my souvenirs into my luggage, and I definitely know I'll go over the 50 lb. weight limit. I haven't even finished shopping for souvenirs and Christmas gifts yet! This is not good. Wish me luck as I attempt to re-pack all of my stuff during these last weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment