Thursday, November 27, 2014

happy thanksgiving!

I am currently celebrating Thanksgiving by eating my chicken-stir fry leftovers from last night while doing some Black Friday shopping online (the sales be crazy!). It felt weird waking up late this morning and not having to prepare anything. I would usually wake up really early on Thanksgiving to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade while helping my dad mix the stuffing, cram it into the turkey, and then put it right in the oven (since turkey takes FOREVER to cook). Throughout the day, I would peel a whole bag of russet potatoes, make pie (usually apple, but just last year I became a pumpkin pie convert), boil down some cranberries for cranberry sauce, chop up vegetables, and do whatever else that needed to be done. It's tiring, but I actually enjoy every step of it. And it's all worth it in the end when you're enjoying the meal with the ones you love. I'm definitely missing my family right now and I wish I was back at home cooking. Nevertheless, I'm still grateful to be here in Manchester. I've been on the most wonderful journeys and made amazing friends that I'm thankful to have met.

So I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving with your friends and family! But be careful not to get a turkey stuck on your head!


No comments:

Post a Comment